The BAC is excited to welcome back our community! And while the pool is the same, many of our procedures have changed due to COVID and your safety, both in and out of the pool, is our #1 priority.
This page has been created to share the policies and procedures currently in place. Due to these restrictions, our capacity is greatly reduced so we appreciate your patience and adherence to all of the guidelines below. As things continue to progress in an acceptable manner, the BAC will add in additional options and activities.
Hours of operation (starting 7/19/2021):
Monday – Thursday 7am – 1pm
Friday 7am – 2pm
Saturday 10am – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 2pm
*please note that all patrons must exit the BAC within 15 minutes of the posted closing time.
Labor Day – Monday September 6, 2021
At this time (until further notice):
- Every person who enters the BAC must:
- Complete a BAC Membership Form
- In the case of visitors, the form must still be completed for contract tracing purposes and agreement to our terms and conditions
- Click on the link below to download the form
- Locker Rooms and lockers are available for patron use. If you would like to put a lock on a locker, you must first ask the Senior Staff person on duty.
- Fitness (water bells, belts, etc.) and swim equipment (fins, kickboards, etc.) are available. NO use of the diving board, basketball hoop and balcony equipment at this time
- The BAC is unable to provide towels, suits or goggles
- Men’s & Women’s Dry Saunas will not be available
- Minors (anyone under 18 years of age) permitted for lap swim as long as a parent of the same gender is with them
- Some doors will be propped open to reduce touchpoints. Please do not close any door that is opened
- Masks usage will be ON THE HONOR SYSTEM – if you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – if not fully vaccinated, we ask that you wear your mask at all times unless in the shower or pool
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will BAC Staff be required to wear a mask at all times? As of June 11, 2021 fully vaccinated staff are not required to wear a mask. Anyone not fully vaccinated will be wearing a mask until at least June 30, 2021.
- How long can I swim? The BAC Staff will not be timing each person but we respectfully ask that each swimmer uses a lane for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes.
- Will I have to share a lane? If you are with a family member or minor, you may share a lane. Otherwise this will be determined by the lifeguard on duty when appropriate.
- What if I have a lock on a locker? We are allowing those with previously used lockers to continue to use them but ask that, if possible, all personal items are taken home and locks removed. This will allow for a more thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
- What cleaning procedures are in place? The locker rooms and all touch points will be sanitized before opening and after closing in addition to the custodial staff cleaning the locker rooms, hallways, offices etc. daily.
- What is the status of my membership? The BAC will not be charging patrons until July 1, 2021. At that time whatever remaining ‘balance’ of time on your account from March 13, 2020 will be added from that date forward. No refunds or credits will be given.
- What about lessons, classes and other activities? We plan on offering these beginning Monday July 19, 2021.
- Are the water fountains working? While the drinking water portion of the fountains are disabled, you are welcome to fill your own water bottle.
- How many lanes are available? Due to the in-pool stairs, lane 1 is not for lap swim use but could be used for someone water walking. Lane 2 is easily accessible from the stairs and lane 6 has a ladder at both ends. Lanes 3, 4 & 5 are available from either end.
- ALL bathers must shower before swimming
- Swimsuits only
- Long hair must be tied, braided or covered with a swim cap
- NO running or pushing
- Observe water depth markings – NO shallow water diving
- Non-Swimmers & Weak swimmers stay away from diving boards and deep water
- Instructional Equipment may not be used during Rec. swimming
- Starting blocks are not to be used during Rec. swimming
- No glass containers or sunning oils are permitted on the sun deck
- Guards & Instructors have full authority to enforce the rules – POSTED OR NOT
If your question was not answered above or you would like clarification on any of this information, please feel free to email Aquatics Director Brad German – firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.