The BAC is excited to welcome back our community! And while the pool is the same, many of our procedures have changed due to COVID and your safety, both in and out of the pool, is our #1 priority.
This page has been created to share the policies and procedures currently in place. Due to these restrictions, our capacity is greatly reduced so we appreciate your patience and adherence to all of the guidelines below. As things continue to progress in an acceptable manner, the BAC will add in additional options and activities.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday 4pm – 7:30pm
Saturday 10am – 4pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
*please note that all patrons must exit the BAC within 15 minutes of the posted closing time.
Sunday April 4, 2021 – EASTER
At this time (until further notice):
- Every person who enters the BAC must:
- Pass a COVID screening which includes a temperature check
- Complete a BAC Membership Form
- In the case of visitors, the form must still be completed for contract tracing purposes and agreement to our terms and conditions
- Click on the link below to download the form
- No locker use – patrons will be socially distanced in the locker rooms, and are required to bring all of their belongings with them onto the pool deck. Each person will have their own deck box for waiting (if necessary) and for placement of all personal items
- No fitness (water bells, belts, etc.) or swim equipment (fins, kickboards, etc.) will be available, including use of the diving board, basketball hoop and balcony equipment
- The BAC will be unable to provide towels, suits or goggles
- Men’s & Women’s Dry Saunas will not be available
- No minors allowed (anyone under 18 years of age)
- All doors will be propped open to reduce touchpoints. Please do not close any door that is opened
- Masks are required at all times when not in the water or showering
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will BAC Staff be required to wear a mask at all times? Yes, unless they are required to enter the water for any reason.
- When can I take my mask off to start swimming? Once you have been given a lane, you may hang your mask on the hooks located behind each lane until you are done swimming.
- How long can I swim? The BAC Staff will not be timing each person but we respectfully ask that each swimmer uses a lane for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes.
- Will I have to share a lane? No, one lane, one swimmer or water walker. This will allow for appropriate social distancing while in the water.
- What if I have a lock on a locker? We are allowing those with previously used lockers to continue to use them but ask that, if possible, all personal items are taken home and locks removed. This will allow for a more thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
- What cleaning procedures are in place? The locker rooms and all touch points will be sanitized before opening and after closing in addition to the custodial staff cleaning the locker rooms, hallways, offices etc. daily.
- What is the status of my membership? The BAC will not be charging patrons until July 1, 2021. At that time whatever remaining ‘balance’ of time on your account from March 13, 2020 will be added from that date forward. No refunds or credits will be given.
- What about lessons, classes, swim team, community diving and other activities? We hope to roll these out after school gets out on June 10, 2021.
- Are the water fountains working? While the drinking water portion of the fountains are disabled, you are welcome to fill your own water bottle.
- If someone is at the window, do I have to stand outside? Yes, at this time until you have completed the COVID screening you must wait outside (there are black X’s on the sidewalk). Thankfully the weather is getting nice!
- How many lanes are available? Due to the in-pool stairs, lane 1 is not for lap swim use but could be used for someone water walking. Lane 2 is easily accessible from the stairs and lane 6 has a ladder at both ends. Lanes 3, 4 & 5 are available from either end.
- ALL bathers must shower before swimming
- Swimsuits only
- Long hair must be tied, braided or covered with a swim cap
- NO running or pushing
- Observe water depth markings – NO shallow water diving
- Non-Swimmers & Weak swimmers stay away from diving boards and deep water
- Instructional Equipment may not be used during Rec. swimming
- Starting blocks are not to be used during Rec. swimming
- No glass containers or sunning oils are permitted on the sun deck
- Guards & Instructors have full authority to enforce the rules – POSTED OR NOT
If your question was not answered above or you would like clarification on any of this information, please feel free to email Aquatics Director Brad German – firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.