General Route Notes
- Bus schedules for the school year will be available online the week prior to the first day of school. They will also be posted at the front doors of each school building.
- All times are estimated and are subject to change.
- Bus numbers are subject to change.
- Bus drivers are subject to change.
- Route times and buses often change during the school year.
- Students should be at their assigned stop, ready to board the bus 5 minutes before the scheduled stop time.
- Some routes with heavy loads may not be able to accommodate additional riders due to bus capacity. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee extra groups will have adequate seating for scout meetings, birthday parties, etc.
Danger Zones and More...
DO YOU KNOW...there are areas to stay clear of when getting on and off the bus? Because school buses are so large, there are blind spots around the bus where it can be hard to see small children as they are preparing to board or after exiting a bus. Parents can help bus drivers keep children safe by discussing the danger zones shown in the photo below.
- Front Danger Zone:
It is never safe to walk close to the front of the bus. Children should walk five giant steps ahead of the bus before crossing in front of it.
- Side Danger Zone:
Children should always stay three giant steps away from the side of the bus.
- Rear Danger Zone:
Never walk behind the school bus.
- Rear Danger Zone:
Walk (don't run) three giant steps away from the bus when exiting the bus.
- When the bus approaches, step back from the curb at least three giant steps.
( information and artwork on Danger Zones from http://www.tcaps.net)
2013-2014 Bus Routes
Shane M. Peters
Please call the transportation department to request transportation for your child if you are a new resident or if your child rode the bus last year, but have since moved to a new address within the district.
We only provide busing for School of Choice students at specifically designated bus stops or from any pick-up/delivery point within the Bridgman Public School district.
We will contact parents of pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students who signed up for busing during the round-up with pick-up and drop-off times and bus numbers in late August.
Website Design and Front End Development: Wendy Bedell, Net Designs
Website Owned and Maintained by Bridgman Public Schools
©2012 Bridgman Public Schools